today i am sharing an easy white chocolate mousse recipe that uses only two ingredients! this recipe is EASY PEASY and totally delicious! it tastes like heaven and has the consistency between whipped cream and pudding and is just perfectly sweet! i use it in so many recipes i think it deserves a post of its own. you only need two things: whipping cream and white chocolate.
when i first started searching around for a mousse recipe i was frustrated with how complex they all are. i’ll be honest – i’m kinda lazy. (says the woman who makes macarons). but really – for the most part i like the quick & easy stuff. the first time i made it i had spent so much time on the other parts of the recipe i just didnt feel up to making a complex white chocolate mousse. and that is where this idea came from. i have adjusted things a bit since that first attempt and now its so easy i use it in the place of plain whipped cream all the time. and sometimes i just eat it with a spoon. (don’t tell anyone k?) enjoy!!
- 1 pint whipping cream (divided)
- 12 oz white chocolate
- In a small sauce pan, heat ½ cup of whipping cream until simmering.
- Place white chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Pour simmering cream over top of the chocolate and mix until smooth and evenly melted. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the remaining pint (about 1½ cups) into a stand mixer.
- Whisk on high until soft peaks begin to form.
- Carefully fold the cooled white chocolate mixture into the whipping cream.
- Place into the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.