i am still getting pumped for the super bowl and coming up with fun ideas for your super bowl party food! this football cookies and cream dip is SO good. its not too sweet – but just enough. you could serve it with pretzels, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers. its pretty easy to make and will really impress your guests! i got the idea from the super talented Crazy for Crust (who happens to be local to me and is super sweet!) – she made this peanut butter football dip and i thought it was SO creative! i love food when is cute & creative but delicious at the same time – and the super bowl is pretty much the best muse ever. be sure to check out all my other football party food ideas in the links at the end of the post for more ideas!!
combine the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar – DONT forget to set aside some of the cream mixture for the laces on the top of the football! (i did the first time i made this and had to go back and make some just for the laces… #annoying!) then add the crushed oreos to the mixture.
turn the mixture out onto wax paper or parchment paper and form the dip into a football shape. it will be a little sticky so you can put pam or oil on your hands to help. or you can use a greased spatula. or you can be a weirdo like me and wear surgical gloves…. call me crazy if you want- but its great. i am a little (okay a lot) ocd and i cant stand things getting under my nails. i wear surgical gloves all the time in the kitchen! makes clean up quick. my hubby brings them home from work!
combine 4 crushed cookies (with the filling removed. you can throw it away. or you can EAT it like i did…) and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. this will be the coating for the football.
coat the football with the crumbs. i lifted up the wax paper on the edges to coat the sides. use the cream cheese mixture you set aside (you remembered to do that right?) and pipe the laces on the top. you can make and serve this the day of or you can put it in your refrigerator up to 2 days in advance.
- 8 oz. room temperature cream cheese
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 16 oreos (divided)
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of this mixture for later. (for the laces)
- Crush 12 oreos and combine into the cream mixture.
- Turn the mixture out onto a sheet of wax paper and form into a football shape.
- Remove the white middle filling of the remaining 4 oreos and discard. (or eat it!)
- Crush the oreo cookies and combine the crumbs with the cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Use this crumb mixture to coat the top and sides of the football. Then remove the excess crumbs.
- Use the cream cheese mixture that was set aside to pipe the laces onto the top of the football.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days in advance.
- To display: to make the green 'grass' place 1 cup of shredded coconut and 3 drops of green food dye into a plastic bag. shake to coat. Place the coconut around the football on your serving tray. Serve with vanilla wafers or pretzels.
- Note: when forming the football the mixture is messy and will stick to your hands. rubbing a bit of pam or oil on them will help!
i hope you enjoy this football cookies and cream dip!!!
want more inspiration? check out these: