For the love of Avocado

i looooove me some avocados! on salad, on tacos, on toast, in smoothies, on chips, and pretty much on every sandwich i eat. i can’t seem to get enough! which is not a bad thing at all – avocados are super healthy for you! this avocado post is sponsored by Hass Avocado but all opinions are my own.

The coolest Avocado Kitchen Tool ever!

first off. if you are an avid avocado consumer like me – then you need this tool. its the coolest! one swipe through and it makes perfect slices of avocado for everything!  this Avocado Slicer is my fav! did you see my avocado recipe round up? or my avocado smoothie? or the texas caviar? yeah… i’m a bit obsessed! but its a good thing!

did you know that avocados have naturally good monounsaturated fats that are part of a healthy diet? and that fresh avocados are cholesterol free? one ounce (most avocados are about 5 oz) contains 8% of your dv fiber, 4% dv of your potassium,  less than 1 g of sugar, only 50 calories but packed with nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients! it is great for kids and babies because of its smooth creamy consistency. it is great for adults – even those on sensible diets watching what they eat! and not to mention it is SO. DANG. GOOD!

enter to win!

this is the CUTEST video- take a look. these kids are so funny! leave a comment below and let me know what your favorite moment or the funniest moment to you, or something new that you learned (i hope you knew what a vegetarian is though!) one reader who comments will win a $50 visa gift card from Hass Avocado

avocado

HAB_Logo_2014

FOLLOW HASS AVOCADO ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Comments

1. Too cute! Who knew, dairy comes from Dairy Queen! Thanks for the smile today :)

2. OMG this was an adorable video! Those kids cracked me up! Especially the little girl who passionately said she wanted to be a vegetarian when she grew up because she loved animals so much! Classic!

3. Jessica Beram says:

I’m still thinking…. (the little girl, so cute)

4. Love the little girl who didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings-sweet girl! Dairy from Dairy Queen-cute!

5. Jessie C. says:

These kids are just so adorable. That little girl answered both men and women are equally healthy because she didn’t want to hurt anyone. Awww, such a thoughtful and wise little girl. I love her!

6. crystal b. says:

Yumm! I have never made an avocado smoothie… looking forward to it!

7. Kiley Powell says:

Yum!!!! Avocados are our FAVORITE!!! That video was Hilarious.. Favorite Part definitely has to be when the host explains ” I am a Vegetarian” The Little Boy responds “You only eat Candy?” Absolutely… I learned I better to go to sleep “Or else I might die” :) My kiddos loved watching it with me too.

8. the little boy at the end, “everyone has a choice”. No truer words!
    Thanks for the laugh!

9. I love that the girl has always wanted to be a “vegetarian”! So cute.

10. Hilary Boyce says:

Hey. Where is the girl power lol. Girls are just as healthy and strong as boys! And the little one not wanting to hurt any ones feelings was too too sweet!

11. Oh my goodness cute! “You could die!” lol!

12. Such a cute video! We looooovvve avocados!

13. Such a cute and funny video. My favorite part was the reaction the kids had to what a vegetarian is :)

14. Lisa Brown says:

I like the part of the video when the the boy and girl were told what a vegetarian was and that vegetarians do not eat meat; the look on the children’s faces where hilarious. The girl says, “I don’t get it.” :)
    jslbrown2009(at)aol(dot)com

15. I learned that avocados are sodium and cholesterol free! What a cute little video.

16. shelly peterson says:

I love it when she asked where dairy comes from and the little boy said Dairy Queen. It’s also cute how he said avacodos (“atocotos”)
    cshell090869 at aol dot com

17. Already knew avocados are a fruit, and have healthy oils….yum avocados are delish!

I love the little boy in the video explaining why you should eat healthy so you won’t have to have heart surgery!

18. Love when the girl responded ” I’m still thinking”.

}