i have been on a bit of a health kick lately … (you would never know it by those s’mores brownies i posted, but hey – its all about balance) and have been obsessing over these energy bites or power balls or protein bites or whatever else you want to call them. i started with this recipe and adapted it a tad. once i ate them my mind started swirling with different flavor combos–i have made 6 different flavors in the last 2 weeks! i’ll be sharing at least 4 of them (2 were just eh so i’ll wait until i get those right before sharing). these are the ones that started it all so i figured it was a good place to start – peanut butter oatmeal energy bites. packed with protein & nuts and totally satiating. my hubby takes them to work and my daughter eats them (the flavors i make without peanut butter) after school and soccer practice. they are a great on-the-go kind of snack! they are easy, healthy, no bake, and bite size…so perfect really.
- 1 cup oats
- ⅔ cup toasted shredded coconut
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll and compress the mixture into 1 inch rounds and place on parchment paper
- Refrigerate a few minutes until firm and then transfer to an air tight container.
- Refrigerate and enjoy for up to one week.
be sure to check out my other energy bites!!