i’m a total food network junkie and one of my favorite shows is CHOPPED – i love it! its one show that my husband and i agree on and get a kick out of seeing what the mystery ingredients will be! so i was over the moon when Sargento® asked me to participate in their ‘Chopped at home’ challenge!! luckily, i didn’t end up with a mystery basket of cow tongue and pickled beets or anything – its adapted for the at home chef using 4 basic ingredients (phew!)
YOU can participate too and enter your creation for a chance at $10,000!!! there are three periods of the challenge each with its own set of ingredients, so be sure to check here for the correct list. we are currently in the second entry period so for my entry the ingredients were: Sargento Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican, Boneless chicken tenders, Couscous, and salsa. i love that the ingredients were ones i am very familiar with – and even had on hand already. i’m a big fan of Sargento – their cheese just tastes so much better and our family is hooked on it. they couldn’t have thought of a better name than ‘off the block’ – that is exactly how it looks and tastes!
the ingredients complimented each other well, so i knew that i wanted to do everything mixed together in one dish – plus i’m a mom so uh… that’s kinda how i roll. so i decided on stuffed peppers with a mexican flavor profile – cheesy chicken stuffed peppers!
- 4 Large red peppers - halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 cups prepared couscous
- 1½ cups cooked shredded chicken tenders
- ½ c salsa
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups Sargento shredded 4 cheese mexican cheese (divided)
- ½ cup sour cream
- Cilantro to garnish
- 1 tsp hot sauce*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking sheet with the halved peppers, cut side up.
- In a large bowl combine couscous, shredded chicken, salsa, onion powder, taco seasoning, 1½ cups of cheese, and sour cream. *add hot sauce if desired. Stir to combine.
- Fill each pepper half with the mixture.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.