This monkey bread recipe is sticky, chewy, soft, and totalllllly delicious – AND only takes 5 ingredients! I made this amazing recipe using SPLENDA® Sweetener Products as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
this monkey bread recipe is a family favorite that has been passed down from friends many years ago. it has been a staple in our house at every holiday and seasonal get-together! it is a total crowd pleaser – i don’t know ANYONE who doesn’t love the fun of pulling apart and enjoying monkey bread! this week i sent my hubby to work with this beauty and they devoured it… that’s when it hit me that i have not shared this amazing recipe with you guys! i’m sorry for keeping you in the dark – you are going to love it!
here is the thing about monkey bread recipes these days… you will notice that EVERYONE uses the pre made biscuits. now, that is a fun and clever hack but i PROMISE YOU promise you promise you that this is SO much better. it is worth the wait. AND you don’t have to make it from scratch. it’s JUST as easy – maybe even easier – with just more wait time, and 1000000x better monkey bread. trust me people. the key is the rhodes rolls!!!! if you still insist on biscuits, you can use this recipe and just sub out the rhodes rolls for them.
here are the 5 ingredients
rhodes dinner rolls : found in the freezer section – you will need 24-30 rolls
SPLENDA® brown sugar blend : reduce the calories with this simple swap
Jell-o butterscotch : NOT instant
whole (or chopped) pecans
start by spraying your bunt pan with non stick spray and layering some pecans and 12-14 rhodes rolls. sprinkle this layer with about 1/4 of the butterscotch jell-o mix. add another layer of 12-14 rolls and more pecans. sprinkle another 1/4 of the butterscotch jell-o mix over the top. combine the melted butter and SPLENDA® brown sugar blend together and then pour over the top of the rolls and pecans. set it aside to rise – this takes about 3 hours. you won’t notice a huge rise because they will begin to mold together in the pan instead of rising upwards. once they are fully thawed and soft you can bake them!
bake, allow to cool enough to touch the pan and then invert onto a serving dish. and then – ENJOY!!!
- 24-30 Rhodes white frozen dinner rolls
- 3 oz package of butterscotch pudding Jell-o mix (not instant)
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup SPLENDA® brown sugar blend
- ½ cup pecans (whole or chopped)
- Spray bunt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer 12-14 frozen rolls and pecans along the bottom of the bunt pan in a single layer.
- Sprinkle about 1 oz (1/3 of the package) of butterscotch pudding over the rolls and pecans.
- Repeat this process with a second layer of rolls, pecans, and pudding mix.
- Combine the melted butter and brown sugar and pour over the rolls.
- Set aside to rise until the rolls are completely thawed and soft (about three hours).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake monkey bread for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool until the pan is able to be handled, cut still warm. Invert the bunt pan onto the serving dish. Enjoy!