Looking for fun & easy halloween dinner ideas? Try this spider or mummy macaroni and cheese for an organic healthy dinner before you head out the door and gather all those sweets! It is quick and easy with minimal ingredients with just a touch of spooky to make it perfect for the holiday! This post is sponsored by Horizon Organic but all opinions are my own.
let’s be honest. halloween night can get a *bit* crazy.
this halloween dinner idea is perfect because it’s easy, quick, festive, and made with minimal ingredients — that is MY kind of dinner on a busy night! i also make this as a family tradition on the night we carve pumpkins! it’s perfect for kids of all ages – even you teenagers will love it. it’s just enough cute that they secretly enjoy it and not so over the top that they think you are crazy lol! it technically has 5 ingredients but the three main ones are Horizon Organic mozzarella string cheese, Horizon Organic pasta shells & white cheddar cheese, and olives. The mac & cheese requires milk & butter -our family uses Horizon Organic for these as well – which round out the 5 ingredients. Be sure to get the WHITE cheddar cheese version so it looks like a mummy when you put it all together!
to make the mummy:
– make the Horizon classic mac & put a serving into a small round bowl.
– allow to cool slightly so that it doesn’t immediately meld the string cheese!
– pull strands of string cheese and place over the top in varying directions to look like the mummy wraps
– place two sliced olives as the mummy eyes!
to make the spider:
– slice about 1/3 off of the whole olive. use the remaining 2/3 as the body of the spider.
– slice the side of another whole olive and use as the head of the spider
– make small slivers of the olives as the legs and place 8 around the body
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.