These Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Pastry Bites are just the right amount of sweet! Perfect for brunch or dessert and great for entertaining a crowd. This post is in conduction with my partnership with J.M. Smucker Company but all photos, recipes, and opinions are my own. #FruitandHoney #WalMart
was there ever a greater flavor combination that lemon and blueberry?! this recipe is a winner for a million reasons…. the flavors are AMAZING. lemony, blueberry, cheesecake and light buttery pastry but not too sweet… just right. it is somewhere between a homemade toaster strudel and a cheesecake. but whats even BETTER is that it can pass as a breakfast, appetizer, or dessert! it’s perfectly acceptable to have these in the morning – i had three just today! they are beautiful and can be made in advance which also makes them great for entertaining. quite honestly they are one of my favorite pastries!
they are easy to assemble and only require a few ingredients – puff pastry, cream cheese, lemon, powdered sugar, blueberry jam, and blueberries. puff pastry usually comes with two sheets which means you can get 18 bites (9 per sheet). i used a pizza cutter to cut along the folded seams and then cut each of those into thirds. once you press them into the muffin tin they form a little cup ready to hold all that delicious creamy lemony blueberry goodness!
when i make this recipe i use Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey – it has the perfect balance of lemon and is naturally sweetened with honey (NO HFCS!). the taste is great and it pairs well with so many things – i put it in my oatmeal, yogurt, and on toast. you can find it at WalMart – oh and don’t miss out on the $1 off coupon through ibotta.com when you pick it up! i have tried the strawberry and loved it so i’m going to try the tropical flavor next!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry sheets
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 lemon - zest and juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (9 oz.) jar of Smucker's Fruit and Honey Blueberry Lemon spread
- 2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- Remove the puff pastry from the box and thaw until malleable but still chilled. Cut each pastry sheet into 9 squares (18 total). Place the pastry squares in a muffin tin. You may need to stretch them a bit to ensure a 'cup' shape in each muffin tin cavity.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese with the zest and juice of one lemon. The cream cheese may appear lumpy because of the acid in the lemon, but don't worry about that.
- Place a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in each of the puff pastry cups. Top with a dollop of the blueberry lemon spread and a few blueberries.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until the edges of the pastry are golden brown. Remove and allow to cool before removing from the muffin tin.
- Serve room temperature and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of JM Smuckers. The opinions and text are all mine.